Pages

Apr 19, 2009

Trip to Siargao! =)

On the eastern side of the province is Siargao Island, a tropical jewel that hosts one of the most beautiful beaches in the world and home of wave surfing, the latest sport and tourist attraction to take the country by storm. Siargao is a tear-drop shaped island.

The Surfing Capital of the Philippines its famous break the Cloud Nine rank among the top 10 best waves in the world according to Surf Magazine and hailed as one of the 5 toughest breaks in the world along with the breaks of Hawaii and Australia. But Siargao is not all about surfing, its also place for island hopping, diving and just sun bathing on its powdery white sand beaches. So you don't have to worry if you can't surf like me (hehehe!) as there are islets nearby that offers crystal blue water and powdery white sand for a pure relaxation.

Though I'm not a surfer girl, I would enjoy sitting under an umbrella on the beach, watching all those people playing with the big waves, and watching those incredibly interesting to see rock formations.

Atlast! After 18 years I visited the Siargao again! I guess my last visit there was when I was only 4 years old. hehehe! These two pictures below was taken at Siargao Airport. I went to different beaches there at Siargao.
Yah! I saw a turtle in Digim. kawaii! ^___^ next, Patrick's on the Beach is one of the beaches at General Luna known for its powdery white sand, my mom said that GL also named "little boracay" because many foreigners visit there.




Magpupungko Beach
My Auntie said that magpupungko means a big rock under a small rock. Really amazing because the big rock doesn't fall despite of big waves and storms. It is a natural pool that is "swimmable" during the low tide... lots of fishes and corals, as if swimming inside an aquarium. There were rock formations, from which my cousin jumped from. We stayed there for more than an hour, swimming, snorkeling and pool hopping. hehehe!

We also went to Pamaybayan, lots of rock formation there..


That's my Lola sitting on those beautiful rock, and the next picture is me. kawaii!

The next day we went to our Uncle's house in Del Carmen for a visit. Near them is the Plaza wherein there is a Grotto. Me and my sisters also saw the church where my parents exchange vows. how sweet! it's very beautiful..
.


Im hoping for my third visit there! hhaaayyy! A beautiful place, Siargao. ^____^



No comments: